Our mission is to create conscious luxury accessories that are sustainable, luxurious, timeless, and beautiful.
We believe we harness the power of fashion into a force for good by designing, making and selling sustainably sourced fashion.
Sustainable fashion means using high quality materials that are environmentally friendly and that are made to last. It's fashion that enriches the lives of people who wear it by giving them timeless beauty, comfort, and confidence.
Avantguard sunglasses are handcrafted in Japan and each style is micro produced in limited production batches. The first collection of sunglasses plays with positive and negative space to create sunglasses that are also a piece of art.
Avantguard reusable face masks use cutting edge technology with an inherently antiviral, antibacterial and antimicrobial outer fabric and hypoallergenic inner layer to provide comfort, safety, and style.
The Capri Aerosilver Luxe Mask
The Marrakech Aerosilver Luxe Mask
The Mykonos Aerosilver Luxe Mask
The St. Tropez Aerosilver Luxe Mask
The Park Lane Aerosilver Luxe Mask
The Notting Hill Aerosilver Luxe Mask
The Knightsbridge Signature Collection Aerosilver Luxe Mask
The Mayfair 24K Signature Collection Aerosilver Luxe Mask and Aerosilver Carry Pouch
The Vienna Aerosilver Silk Mask
The Bloomsbury Aerosilver Luxe Mask
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We know that during uncertain times, it’s imperative that you feel comfortable knowing that your Avantguard mask is safe, comfortable, and effective. We believe in 100% transparency & are happy to answer any and all of your questions.Learn More
How exactly does the Avantguard mask protect?
Avantguard masks are designed to protect everyone around you because the fabric traps droplets when you speak, cough or sneeze and creates greater safety for everyone. Avantguard masks are also designed to protect you from inhaling other people’s droplets. Our Avantguard mask is a sustainable mask for everyday use - it is not a medically tested product.
What does it mean that Aerosilver is antimicrobial?
Antimicrobial products kill or slow the spread of microbes or microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, protozoans, and fungi such as mold and mildew. The antimicrobial effect of silver ions (Ag+) has been known for centuries. Silver has a natural ability to kill harmful microorganisms. Silver ions have a very broad spectrum of activity and are extremely effective at deactivating a wide range of micro-organisms.
What is the difference between our masks and a medical mouthguard?
A medical mouthguard (also known as a mouth-and-nose mask) must comply with a strict DIN standard and have a CE mark. Our masks are therefore not medical mouthguards. Our masks aim at protecting others from droplet infection by you. The goal is to prevent droplets and aerosols from spreading with viruses and germs through coughing, sneezing or talking. For this purpose, our mask sits flexibly and tightly on the face and thus avoids breathing past the mask.
How does the mask protect me from harmful UV rays & blue light from devices?
HEV is a group of artificial light, known as blue light which is emitted from electronic devices such as computers, laptops, mobile phones tablets etc. Blue light is a short wavelength that produces a high amount of energy and can be classified as a third band of sun ray, blue light produces more hyperpigmentation than UVB and is more damaging that UVA and UVB combined because it penetrates down to the bottom of the dermis. Forty-three per cent of adults work in a job that requires prolonged use of a computer or tablet, whilst on average young people check their phone 150 times a day. Avantguard masks protect from harmful UV and HEV rays.
- “It's roomy, I can breathe freely and it doesn't heat up like a sauna. It feels exceptionally comfortable - so much so I occasionally forget to take it off.”
- "The best face masks for travel: the Antiviral face mask, £39, by Avantguard."
- "As comfortable as it is chic, The Avant Guard The Marrakech Aerosilver Luxe Mask (£40) contains antimicrobial silver fibre yarns. Additionally the brand donates 50% of profits to Great Ormond Street Children Hospital Charity. "
- "Face masks that are stylish as well as safe to keep handy in your bag this autumn: the antiviral mask with carry pouch, £39, by Avantguard."
- "The most stylish reusable face masks to try for autumn: the antiviral face mask by the Avantguard."
- "The best face masks to be safe, yet stylish: Avantguard uses cutting-edge technology with antiviral, antibacterial, and antimicrobial outer fabrics.”
- "Dr. Joshua Zeichner, MD, relies on Avantguard face masks when he's active or working out in New York because they’re made from 50 percent breathable, silver infused fabric that dries quickly and has antimicrobial properties."
international antiviral and safety certifications
Please note, these masks are not substitutes for medical-grade personal protective equipment.
We appreciate your support and hope you love our masks as much as we do.
Avantguard donates half of all profit from face masks to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity. In doing so, we support the great work of those who help at the front line where the virus hits hardest.